Driving is a core part of nearly every American’s life, but roads are also among the most dangerous areas in the country because of reckless and negligent drivers. Millions of drivers are injured every year in car accidents, and even less severe injuries can permanently impact someone’s ability to get back behind the wheel of a car while serious injuries can permanently impact someone’s ability to complete even basic daily tasks. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 37,461 people were killed in car crashes in 2016 alone, an increase of 5.6 percent from the year before.
Brookfield Car Accident Statistics
Waukesha County, one of the most populous counties in the state, sees more car accidents than every other county other than Dane and Milwaukee. According to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, 25 people were killed in car crashes in 2016, as well as 8,061 crashes, 1,184 more than in 2015. Across the state,
- 186 people were killed in crashes that involved speeding
- 8,250 people were injured in crashes that involved speeding
- 19,540 crashes involved speeding
- 49 pedestrians were killed in car crashes
- 1,181 pedestrians were injured in car crashes
- 143 people were killed in crashes that involved an intoxicated driver
- 2,933 people were injured in crashes that involved an intoxicated driver
- 5,153 crashes involved an intoxicated driver
- 524 people were killed in crashes in 2016
- 31,066 people were injured in crashes in 2016
- 129,051 car crashes occurred in Wisconsin in 2016
Call our firm at (855) 570-2676 to speak with one of our Brookfield lawyers today.
At Cannon & Dunphy S.C., our Brookfield car accident lawyers have spent more than 30 years representing injured victims across Wisconsin, and through our efforts we have secured more $10 million verdicts than any other law firm in the history of Wisconsin. If you were seriously injured in a car crash, you deserve the chance to fight for the compensation you deserve in court, and we’re ready to fight alongside you. Call us at (855) 570-2676 to speak with a member of our firm over the phone, or fill out our online form today to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced lawyers.