Driving is a vital part of almost every American’s lives, but it’s also among the most dangerous – according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), car crashes cause millions of injuries every year, and 37,461 died because of injuries sustained in a car accident in 2016 alone. Even minor crashes can seriously affect a victim’s mental state for years, and serious injuries can permanently affect their lives, both mentally and physically. If you were seriously injured in a car crash caused because of someone else’s recklessness, you deserve the chance to fight for your rights through legal means in order to secure the compensation you need.
Call us at (855) 570-2676 to speak with one of our experienced Waukesha car accident lawyers today.
Waukesha Car Accident Statistics
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation reported that there were 8,061 car crashes in Waukesha County in 2016, an increase of 1,184 over the past five years, and 25 people killed in these crashes. That same year in Wisconsin,
- There were 129,051 car crashes
- Car crashes caused 31,066 injuries
- Car crashes killed 524 people
- Car crashes caused 1,181 pedestrian injuries
- Car crashes caused 49 pedestrian deaths
- Alcohol use influenced 5,153 car crashes
- Crashes involving alcohol use injured 2,933 people
- Crashes involving alcohol use killed 143 people
- Speeding influenced 19,540 crashes
- Crashes involving speeding caused 8,250 injuries
- Crashes involving speeding caused 186 deaths
Hire A Law Firm You Can Trust
Finding the right attorney to represent you is an incredibly important decision, but it doesn’t need to be a difficult one. At Cannon & Dunphy S.C., we have represented thousands of injured victims since we first opened for business in 1985, and we have secured over $1 billion in verdicts and settlements for our clients through hard work and a deep understanding of the law. If you suffered a serious injury in a car crash caused by a reckless driver, send us the details of your situation through our online form, or call us at (855) 570-2676 to speak with one of our Waukesha car accident attorneys and set up a free case consultation today.