Car crashes are among the greatest risks to Americans every year – 37,461 people died in an auto accident in 2016 alone according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), and millions more require medical treatment. These crashes seriously affect the lives of victims, causing both physical and emotional damage that can inhibit their ability to interact with the world in the same way they used to. If you were involved in a crash caused by someone else’s reckless driving, you deserve the chance to fight for the compensation you need.
Racine Car Crash Statistics
There were 4,145 car crashes in Racine County in 2016 according to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, an increase of 767 since 2011. 17 people died in these accidents. As a whole, the state saw:
- 186 deaths in crashes where the driver was speeding
- 8,250 people injured in crashes where the driver was speeding
- 19,540 crashes where the driver was speeding
- 143 people killed in crashes where the driver was under the influence of alcohol
- 2,933 people injured in crashes where the driver was under the influence of alcohol
- 5,153 crashes where the driver was under the influence of alcohol
- 49 pedestrians were killed by drivers
- 1,181 pedestrians were injured by drivers
- 524 people died because of car accidents
- 31,066 people injured because of car accidents
- 129,051 car accidents occurred in total
Give us a call at (855) 570-2676 to speak with one of our experienced attorneys.
Contact Cannon & Dunphy S.C. Today
Far too many people are injured by careless and reckless drivers every year. If you were seriously injured in a car crash caused by someone else’s negligent actions, you deserve the chance to fight for the compensation you deserve. Over the past three-plus decades, our Racine car accident lawyers have represented thousands of injured victims in their time of need, and through our efforts we have secured more $10 million jury awards than any other firm in the history of Wisconsin. Fill out our online form to schedule a free consultation with Cannon & Dunphy S.C., or call us at (855) 570-2676 to discuss your case over the phone.