Attorney Sarah F. Kaas has dedicated her career to protecting the rights of injured victims for more than two decades, using her knowledge and experience to provide them with the representation they require in their time of need. In addition to her efforts in the courtroom, Ms. Kaas is a notable member of the legal community. She currently serves as the acting Chair of the Wisconsin Association for Justice Women’s Caucus, and previously served as the organization’s Vice-Chair. Ms. Kaas also served on the Board of Directors for the Wisconsin Association for Justice, and a Contributing Editor for “The Verdict”, the Association’s quarterly publication sent out to every judge and justice in the state.
Ms. Kaas graduated from Drake University Law School, where she served as the Executive Editor of the Drake Law Review, was a National Competitor on the Moot Court, and was a member of the Order of the Coif, an honor reserved for the top 10 percent of the graduating class. In recognition of her accomplishments in court, Ms. Kaas has received numerous prestigious awards and recognitions, including being named a Super Lawyer every year since 2012.
- “Practical Considerations in Evaluating the Health Care Services Review Privilege in Wis. Stat. §146.38,” Co-Author –THE VERDICT, Volume 39:2 (Spring 2016)
- “Navigating the Sea of Medicare and Medicaid Regulations and the Pirating of Third Party Liability Recoveries,” Co-Author – THE VERDICT, Volume 38:1 (Spring 2015)
- “Medicare Liens and the Ethics of Attorney Indemnification” Co-Author – THE VERDICT, Volume 36:2 (Spring 2013)
- “Practice Pointers: Learned Treatises” – THE VERDICT, Volume 34:3 (Summer 2011)
- “Sidebar Conferences During Trial” – THE VERDICT, Volume 32:4 (Fall 2009)
- Co-Author, Chapter 9: “Special Damages” – Wisconsin Law of Damages (2005-Present)
- “Overview of Pre-Trial Considerations in Low Impact Automobile Accident Cases” – THE VERDICT, Volume 26:4 (Fall 2003)
- Note, “AIDS Behind Bars: Judicial Barriers to Prisoners’ Constitutional Claims” – 45 Drake L. Rev. 527 (1997)
- “Utilizing Internet Resources in Your Practice,” Women’s Caucus, Wisconsin Association for Justice (September 2010)
- “Entering the Digital Age: Electronic Filing in Wisconsin Courts,” Wisconsin Association for Justice (December 2009)
- “‘Other Insurance’ and Issues of Allocation,” Lorman Education Seminar (December 2007)
- “Effectively Using a Computer to Manage an Appeal,” State Bar of Wisconsin Appellate Advocacy Workshop (March 2003)