According to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, someone is killed every 16.2 hours, and someone is injured every 12.6 minutes, as a result of a motor vehicle accident occurring on the roads of this state.
Did you know that in 2009:
- 542 persons were killed in Wisconsin motor vehicle traffic crashes? This is an average of almost 1 ½ lives lost each day on Wisconsin roads.
- 41,589 persons were injured in the 29,907 reported injury crashes, and there were 488 fatal crashes?
- 3,854 or 9 percent of those injured in crashes sustained incapacitating injuries?
- Of the 542 persons killed, 44 percent died in alcohol-related crashes, 34 percent died in speed-related crashes, and 18 percent died in crashes that involved both speed and alcohol?
- Of the 355 drivers who were killed and tested for alcohol concentration, 135 drivers (38 percent) had an alcohol concentration of 0.08 or above?
- Fifty-seven percent of all crashes occurred off the state highway and Interstate systems, on county trunk and local roads?
(Statistics from 2009 Wisconsin Traffic Crash Facts report by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation)
If you were injured in an auto accident, and the accident was not your fault, choose the right law firm. The lawyers at Cannon & Dunphy have successfully represented thousands of people injured in automobile accidents for more than a combined 145 years. The overwhelming majority of automobile accident cases handled by Cannon & Dunphy, S.C. are successfully settled without a trial. We handle cases throughout Wisconsin and will meet you at your home, our office or anywhere in between.
Our expertise and attention to detail have resulted in more record-setting paid jury verdicts and settlements than any other personal injury law firm in Wisconsin. We are large enough to have the best resources available for our use, but small enough to provide you with the individual attention you and your case deserve.
The careful development of your winning case begins at the initial client interview, which
is conducted at no charge to you. Your attorney will take the time needed to thoroughly understand and document your case. The resulting confidential database includes police accident reports, medical bills, hospital records, wage loss data, witness statements and documentary evidence. These reports are meticulously updated throughout your case, so your attorney is always informed and apprised of your status. We will continue to provide you with the personal attention you deserve throughout the development of your case.
We confer with your doctors to obtain a final report on the prognosis, permanency and cost of future care for the injuries suffered in your accident. In most cases, this extensive preparation and summary result in fair settlements for all the injuries and damages you have sustained in the automobile accident. In the rare cases where the insurance company does not offer a fair settlement, we have the expertise and proven track record to obtain the right result for you.
If you have been injured or a loved one has been killed through the fault of another driver, contact Cannon & Dunphy, S.C. today for your free case evaluation. It won’t cost you any more to hire great lawyers.