Wisconsin Train Accident Lawyer
Helping Accident Victims Since 1985
Train accidents – especially ones involving passenger trains –
often lead to devastating property damage, injures, and wrongful death.
Because of their size and weight, trains are not only difficult to slow
down, but also capable of inflicting severe damage.
Since 1985, the Wisconsin personal injury lawyers at Cannon & Dunphy S.C.
S.C. have helped accident victims and their families recover full and
fair compensation for medical expenses, noneconomic damages, wrongful
death, and more.
Start your lawsuit with Cannon & Dunphy S.C. today if you suffered
the loss of a loved one or a serious injury in an avoidable train accident.
Train Accident Causes & Liability
“Train accident” can refer to any railroad accident that involves
a pedestrian, car, vehicle, or another train.
Common types of train accidents include:
- Railroad crossing collisions
- Train and vehicle accidents
- Derailment accidents
- Accidents involving two trains
- Pedestrian / bystander and train accidents
In order to collect the money you need and deserve, you must demonstrate
negligence. In other words, you must prove that someone else’s careless or negligent
behavior (or lack of action) is responsible for your injury.
Without this causation, it may be impossible to recover compensation.
Three steps to prove personal injury liability:
- The defendant was somehow responsible for your well-being (called “duty
- The defendant acted negligently, ignored his/her duty of care, and caused
- The accident was directly responsible for your injuries, loss, or other damages
What to Do After an Accident
Contacting a legal advocate is the first step toward compensation for your damages. With the help of a Milwaukee train accident attorney, you can seek money
for medical expenses, ongoing medical care (such as physical therapy),
wrongful death, funerary expense, pain and suffering, and additional noneconomic damages.
Why You Should Work With Cannon & Dunphy S.C.
- We’ve served clients since 1985
- We are an award-winning firm
- We focus on your best interest
- We’ve won more than $1 billion for our clients
If you are looking for a train accident lawyer in Wisconsin, the legal
team at Cannon & Dunphy S.C. can help. We invite you to contact our
office or to fill out our
online case evaluation form.